Posted by Tribune Broadcasting
WHNT, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a weekend Meteorologist to work in our Huntsville location.
The Meteorologist will have experience reporting on severe weather and will be able to use a broad range of technology. This position will pitch, shoot and write weather-related stories, and will utilize social media tools for expanding weather coverage.
- Pitch, shoot, write and edit weather/science-related stories for assigned newscasts.
- Utilize graphics and video as necessary to explain forecasts
- Present weather forecasts for broadcast and digital platforms
- Report from the field/do live shots on stories related to weather, environment, community events, etc.
- Remain informed on the latest weather data gather/delivery trends
- Respond to breaking and/or severe weather events as required
- Represent the station during community events and station-sponsored activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology or atmospheric science preferred; equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years previous broadcast meteorology experience preferred
- AMS/NWA and/or Certified Board Meteorologist preferred
- Strong on-air presentation; must be credible, personable and passionate
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to submit to a background
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approximately 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 32% interest in CareerBuilder, LLC and a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer