Chief Technology Director
Posted by ideastream
ideastream, Northeast Ohio’s innovative multiple media organization, has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Technology Director. ideastream owns and operates one public TV and two public radio stations, and jointly owns and operates a broadcast tower. Located in Playhouse Square, Cleveland’s vibrant theatre district, this organization is situated in a diverse, stimulating, and creative area. Cleveland is on the rise and has a small town feel with big city amenities and culture.
This position generally oversees media and information technology, broadcast and digital distribution, engineering, facilities and infrastructure services. More specifically, the Director is responsible for the planning, management and overall supervision of the Engineering departments (TV and Radio), TV and Radio Operations, IT & Enterprise Systems, Media Engineering, Systems Engineering & Integration and Facility Management for ideastream. The Technology department ensures the highest possible quality of broadcast and production of on air programs and service to external and internal customers. The Chief Technology Director has four direct reports: Manager, Information Technology, Sr. Systems Administrator, Web; Chief Engineer, and Administrative Assistant
· Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in Television and/or Radio Production and broadcast processes in a medium or large television market.
· Demonstrated emotional intelligence, empathy, trust integrity and social sensitivity
· Knowledge of FCC rules/regulations
· Demonstrated knowledge of analog and digital technology for broadcast and production.
· Experience with people management, human relations and collective bargaining unit issues.
· Excellent written, oral and stand up presentation skills
· Budget preparation and project management skills
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
to find a complete job description and to apply.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer