Posted by Tribune Broadcasting
WHNT, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a Producer to work in our Huntsville location.
The Producer will develop an overall style and identify for their assigned newscast with a keen focus on building the station’s brand “Taking Action, Getting Results”. This position will successfully produce one or more newscasts a day.
- Write, fact check, manage and approve content and teases for air; select graphics that explain and showcase stories and reinforce station branding; copy editing
- Develop newscast content by researching and suggesting innovative story ideas; understand viewer audience; collaborate with news team to select stories for coverage
- Execute newscasts with minimal errors and meet deadlines; oversee quality control of newscast while in booth
- Write and post content for station website and social media platforms
- Respond to breaking news with a sense of urgency
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years previous news producing experience
- Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to submit to a background
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
WHNT is an equal opportunity employer.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approximately 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 32% interest in CareerBuilder, LLC and a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer