Producer, Interactive Content
Posted by Tribune Broadcasting
Huntsville , AL
WHNT NEWS 19 (CBS) in Huntsville, Alabama, has an immediate opening for a dynamic Interactive Content Producer. If you are on the leading edge of understanding how people are consuming news and information on a variety of interactive and social media platforms, get your resume to us ASAP.
We are looking for a creative, visionary with proven experience and a strong command of the English language. You should already be a prolific user of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the web, mobile devices and other forms of interactive engagement.
We prefer candidates who have journalism, English or another relevant college degree.
Non-linear editing and graphic design/editing skills are a plus.
- Generate, select and publish original news and other stories to assigned station digital platforms.
- Aggressive response to breaking news on web and social media platforms.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of stories on all digital platforms.
- Develop supporting/supplemental interactive content for on-air reports.
- Produce stories for on-air.
- Must be self-motivated and not wait for direction to generate, research, shoot, edit, write and post original content. At the same time, must be able to work within a team framework.
- Monitor newscasts and mine information from other sources for news and distinguish newsworthy stories for all platforms.
- Produce original digital videos for station’s digital platforms.
- Suggest story ideas for on-air news coverage.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Ability to type, use computers, and other such equipment. Strong command of the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines. Good communication skills and team-building skills. Ability to multi-task.
A college degree in Journalism or Broadcast Communications or related-degree is preferred. Also prefer candidates with 1-2 years of experience.
Dexterity to operate a computer and other such equipment. Communications skills used in office setting. Vision to review and approve news scripts, view news, etc.
As part of the application process, candidates must submit a written critique of our website, www.whnt.com and social media efforts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Applicants who are interviewed will have to take a writing, spelling, current events and breaking news test.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer