IT Network Engineer
Posted by Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The IT/Media Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations. Responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance broadcast servers and network components. The position will design and integrate Broadcast Equipment into the IT infrastructure of the facility and network. This position will assess and make recommendations for software and hardware for broadcast workflows. Performs all standard Broadcast Engineering duties as well.
Work with the engineering staff to maintain the Master Control room hardware & software and workflows. This will include but is not limited to playout server systems, transcoding systems, FTP and content delivery systems. Additionally, this role will manage and maintain the play to air automation system and any interface(s) to the traffic system.
• Manage and maintain the news room hardware & software and workflows. This will include but is not limited to Avid systems, transcoding systems, and encoding systems for web & mobile streaming.
• Work with the engineering staff to maintain the Production Control Room hardware & software and workflows. This will include but is not limited to playout server systems, production automation, CG systems, and control interfaces.
• Work with IT to maintain network infrastructure as they relate to broadcast and on-air systems. Ensure that software, firmware, and OS versions for broadcast equipment are up to date as needed.
• This role will be a liaison with local and corporate IT to ensure compliance and interoperability for broadcast systems.
• Work with end users and leverage technology to develop or improve workflows. These workflows should be in line with station’s plan for digital workflows and content distribution.
• Design, execution, and management of projects will be required as well.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation such as drawings, technical bulletins, and version notes.
• Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical degree in IT, Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
• Minimum three years experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience.
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
• Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Broadcast Engineer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply for Job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer