Reporter News Anchor
Posted by Nexstar
SALT LAKE CITY, UT
POSITION TITLE: F/T REPORTER/NEWS ANCHOR
The successful candidate must be a strong writer, assertive news gatherer who is skilled at developing contacts, pitching original, enterprise stories and quick to respond to breaking and developing news. The successful candidate will also be assertive and effective with digital news, social media.reporting and content sharing, Were seeking a creative, experienced storyteller who excels at active reporting, engaging live news presentation out in the field and in the studio. The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge with computer-assisted reporting, know how to dig for and deliver compelling stories that impact viewers lives. We want a smart storyteller, who doesn’t rely on the day planner, the newspaper, and sound with officials only. Good4Utah is a proud community advocate - we want a reporter who can help deliver compelling, meaningful content across all of our platforms including traditional broadcast, web, mobile and social media.This position is part of our weekday news reporting team and includes fill-in anchoring opportunities on various newscasts.
Candidates with a minimum of two years on-air reporting experience are preferred. Strong Multi-Media Journalists also encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
· Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
· Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
· Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
· Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
· Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
· Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
· Participates in promotional activities including public appearances and special station-sponsored events.
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Edits video clips as assigned and necessary.
· Writes content for the website and other Digital Media platforms.
· Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
· Gather and analyze information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
· Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
· Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
· Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and productions quality.
Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements and Skills:
· Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
· Minimum two years’ experience in news reporting. (More or less depending on market size.)
· Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Candidate must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, candidate must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.