National Sales Manager
Posted by Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
Nexstar Media Group is looking for a National Sales Manager with passion and drive to lead our SLC, UT TV Group’s national sales efforts. The National Sales Manager (NSM) will work closely with the Director of Sales to ensure that top line goals are being met while increasing billing, maximizing shares of business, and strengthening client relationships in conjunction with our Katz Continental National sales teams across the country. The NSM must be able to thrive in a team environment that includes collaborating with SLC based management as well as Katz. The ideal candidate will be organized and well-spoken with the ability to present research information and unique station-group capabilities in a clear and enthusiastic manner. The National Sales Manager must be able to develop relationships with national buyers, planners, Katz management, and the Account Executives working with our station group, and can travel to national sales offices as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interact with National rep firm and regional clients to increase business and meet share goals.
· Develop and execute sales strategies to eclipse revenue targets in regional, national, eMedia and new product revenue.
· Drive new business development among National and Regional clients.
· Work with DOS and LSM to manage inventory and revenue forecasting.
· Prepares budgets and forecasts for annual, quarterly, and monthly review.
· Manage Accounts Receivable for all National accounts.
· Call on accounts regionally and with national reps.
· Work with reps to take care of outstanding pre-empts with acceptable makegoods.
· Manage UDL responsibilities to maintain strong shares on all national accounts.
· Assist GM and GMS with perspective on sales management reports from Miller Kaplan, Matrix, and OSI/Wide Orbit.
· Post market info, articles, station packages, etc. to SharePoint for Katz AE’s.
· Provide detailed national revenue progress for GM on weekly basis.
· Update ITN avails and rates for scatter buys, 2 weeks after beginning of quarter and then on weekly check-up basis.
· Attend two weekly sales meetings, sharing updates with local sales team to reflect CPP trends, demand levels, market news from rep firm and buyers.
· Identify trends and ideas to help station improve market share.
· Be available to local AE’s to assist them in any way as requested by LSM and DOS.
· Proficiency with Wide Orbit is required.
· Work with DOS, Local Sales Assistant, and LSM to maximize paid program avails.
· NSM and NSA receive email notices of traffic instructions and spot arrivals via satellite. As a team leader, work with traffic daily to ensure they have what they need at least one day in advance of log deadlines.
· Perform order inputs as needed in absence of National Sales Assistant. Assign traffic order numbers.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Minimum three years’ experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The National Sales Manager must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Media Support Coordinator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.