Posted by Hubbard Broadcasting
Description: This is a television sales position and involves extensive person-to-person contact with area business to assist them in their television advertising needs. Some contact with advertising agencies many be assigned.
Responsibilities: Responsible for selling advertising to clients and developing new business relationships for KOBR-TV by prospecting, developing and selling new direct-business accounts, making sales presentations, performing collections, maintaining client relations and sales.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Mainly an office setting with travel to client and potential client businesses. Business-professional appearance, dress, and manners are necessary.
- Make monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets or sales quotas including Non-spot and digital media sales goals.
- Prospect and cold call new businesses on a daily basis. This includes on the phone and face to face visits. Set up future face to face meetings for introductions and presentations.
- Complete face-to-face sales presentations with decision makers.
- Presentations will include a customer needs analysis, research and supporting documentation, and creative business solutions.
- Follow up and close all pending business in a timely manner. Update Sales Manager weekly on progress of pending business.
- Provide excellent customer service to direct and agency accounts.
- Personally contact each active account regularly- defined as an in person meeting, including the presentation of pertinent sales information.
- Follow up and assist in the collection process.
- Utilization and proficiency of Sales computer systems to aid in selling process.
- Entertain clients at special events. These events may occur after business hours and on weekends.
- Complete all written business requirements within established deadlines. These requirements include:
- Weekly reports
- Forecast reports
- Pending business updates
- Credit applications following established credit policies
- Written orders and advertising copy
- Pre-emption reports
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings and individual meetings with manager.
- Attend and participate in other necessary meetings and training as required by management
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Builds working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public. Acts in a professional manner when representing each station.
- Minimum two years’ experience in sales, advertising, or media experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the local marketplace and ability to learn broadcasting terminology and methodology.
- Ability to understand the features and benefits of advertising and competitive media.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word for Windows.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience developing presentations for the purpose of direct-business selling and ability to effectively present and communicate the presentation. Ability to respond to questions appropriately and think on feet.
- Ability to establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and familiarity with the Roswell, NM area. (Driving record will be checked)
- Demonstrates effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Strong analysis and judgment skills.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.Communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Read, hear and speak clearly. Prepare reports, business correspondence, and business proposals using computer and other office equipment. Manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including telephone. Drive own vehicle for the purpose of meeting new and existing clients and attending events. Articulate information in a concise and clear manner. Must think quickly and creatively.
Contact: Apply Online Today!