Posted by Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Gray Television seeks a dynamic Primary Morning / Noon Anchor / Producer to join our award-winning news team. The Anchor / Producer presents news according to assigned newscast(s), primarily, but not limited to, weekday mornings and weekday noon casts. The Anchor/ Producer is responsible for developing and reporting content that represents the station and its brand and seeks to promote and increase customer viewership and attract advertising customers. The Anchor/ Producer is also responsible for producing newscasts as assigned.
• Anchors morning and noon newscasts according to station guidelines and expectations and produces said newscasts as required.
• Write for the web post daily on all digital platforms including social media including attaching images and streaming video.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
• Delivers unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
• Collaborates with producers and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions and teases
• Receives assignments or evaluates leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
• Covers news in the field to generate, produce and deliver high profile special reports
• Edits video for broadcasts as necessary
• Participates in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
• One (1) year experience in a commercial newsroom preferred, some professional anchor and producer experience
• BS/BA in journalism or communications
• Ability to shoot, write and edit your own stories as necessary
• Experience with posting stories to social media
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Schedule flexibility
• A valid driver`s license and a good driving record
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment