Digital News Producer/Reporter
Posted by Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
KNOE 8 News is looking for a Digital News Producer and Reporter to assist in writing and editing content for KNOE.COM and social media channels. The candidate will be a newsroom champion of social media innovation in both tactics and tools. Work closely with producers and reporters to promote best practices and grow social influence. You will post web stories, pictures and other content for KNOE & KAQY to KNOE.COM and its related platforms.
• Develop, produce, and deliver content to KNOE, KAQY, KNOE.COM and other digital platforms
• Develop digital strategies and engagement tactics
• Grow KNOE/KAQY audience on key social media channels
• Develop KNOE presence on emerging social media platforms
• Develop strategies for highlighting user generated content
• Work with content producers to promote new and timely content for KNOE/KAQY
• Monitor and analyze online web, mobile, and social media content to identify areas for improvement
• Train the wider editorial team in social media best practice
• Promote the brand and its values at all opportunities
• Write and publish news and promotional content for the website
• Oversee Digital Content from newsroom and manage web/social goals for news staff
• Experience with digital cameras, newsroom software, and non-linear editing
• Fill in when needed (reporter)
• Manage computer software throughout newsroom/implement and educate best practice and usage. Recommend and Implement software upgrades.
• All other duties assigned
Must be a strong writer and have the ability to assist in gathering information, and generating compelling news content. Successful candidates must be familiar with web content management systems and be active on multiple social media platforms. Should have a demonstrated ability to build a connection with social media users, and employ professional news judgement and best practices. Individual may also be responsible for basic IT functions and problem solving within the News Room.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment