TV News Line Producer
Posted by Entravision Communications
El Paso, TX
Entravision in El Paso is looking for an experienced, bilingual news producer with a good understanding of news gathering in a large market.
- Starts daily editorial meetings
- Develops interesting story ideas using strong editorial judgment.
- Coordinates interviews and logistics for field crews.
- Facilitates the news gathering process and ensures comprehensive coverage of all news stories across all platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital, and web.
- Develop enterprise story ideas consistent with the Entravision news brand.
- Cultivates contacts important to news coverage in the metropolitan area, including law enforcement.
- Monitors police and emergency scanners and electronic/printed sources for news and
disseminate the information to appropriate newsroom personnel.
- Cooperates with and support news and online platforms as assigned.
- Writes compelling stories for newscasts and web distribution.
- Self starter who knows how to craft news, sports, and weather stories from beginning to end.
- Calls sources and follows-u on leads, identifying the most compelling video and sound.
- Masters the stations graphics system and uses all of the available information and media to craft compelling and accurate daily stories on-line and on air.
- Works closely with fellow producers, anchors, reporters, and ignites control room operators to ensure technically flawless newscasts.
- Does in-house packages and re-track stories when needed.
- Responsible for regularly updating station’s website; posting news or
videos online coordinating web content with digital reporter.
Candidate should have 3-5 years large market broadcast news experience and newsroom
manangement or supervision. Strong understanding of news gathering, ethical and legal issues. Genuine enthusiasm for work & a drive for excellence. The News Line Producer
reports to the News Director. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Interested candidates should send resume, demo, and salary history to Uriel Posada, News Director firstname.lastname@example.org. Entravision is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER