KVOK-AM/KRXX-FM, Account Executive
Kodiak Island Broadcasting Co. Inc. is currently hiring an Account Executive to sell radio advertising for 98.7 FM KVOK & AM 560 and KRXX FM HOT 101.1. Position is available now. Outside sales experience and media sales are a plus.
Pay & Benefits: Pay includes a small monthly salary, plus healthy monthly commission with tons of earnings potential; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave. For the past 8 years the average annual earnings range for this position has been $48,000 to $58,000 plus. Position is salaried exempt. Serious inquiries and interested applicants only please. Position is Open until filled
Summary of Responsibilities & Expectations:
• All aspects of creating, selling and implementing effective client and station advertising & promotional campaigns
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly sales goals and collecting account balances from clients.
• Develop, sell and service both new and existing accounts, maintaining excellent customer relations, current account list and solicit new business.
• Write advertising proposals, contracts and copy; make sales presentations, assist/participate in developing and implementing new and old promotions.
•Provide follow up and service to accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Work with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders, producing commercials, planning & arranging promotional events.
• Attend sales & office staff meetings, and submit weekly sales reports/updates.
Ongoing prospecting, daily, weekly reporting of work related activities and sales tracking.
• Representing the stations at community events, attend live remote broadcasts and functions.
• Interact positively with the public, customers, co-workers, and managers.
• Maintaining a professional demeanor and appearance.
• Work 40 hours weekly Monday through Friday
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Qualities, Skills & Hiring Criteria: Self motivated, outgoing, goal driven, and creative. Must be respectful, responsible, reliable, and possess excellent communication skills. Well organized, attentive to detail, possess basic math skills, have strong organizational skills, honesty, a disciplined/structured worker, and dedicated. Strong follow through, communication skill set to make cold calls, create interest, positively handle rejection and to seek out client development opportunities. Problem solving and strategizing capabilities. Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills are a must. Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. Must work well with others, under supervision and independently. Must successfully meet deadlines, achieve and strive to achieve goals and work expectations. Must work well under pressure. Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is must. Two years or more of successful experience working in sales, marketing or with the public is preferred. Work history reflecting positive interaction with the public, co-workers, supervisors and managers. An employment history indicating stability and reliability.
Conditions of Employment: Must have reliable transportation and be able to obtain and maintain or currently have a valid driver’s license. Must be able & willing to work a flexible work schedule that could include evenings and weekends for sales events and live broadcasts.
Employment History & Education Requirements:
Successful candidate must have 2+ years of relevant sales or other employment experience; 2+ years of continued and positive employment history; a relevant college degree is not required but is helpful.
To apply please submit a cover letter indicating your interest in the position and intentions along with a current resume and professional references to: Ellen Simeonoff 1315 Mill Bay Road Ste. A; Kodiak, AK 99615; or via email at email@example.com.
Kodiak Island Broadcast/KVOK /KRXX is an equal opportunity employer.