The Ozarks Live! producer produces a one-hour lifestyle program, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, books guests, times programs, edits video, and posts video to the website.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produces Ozarks Live! for broadcast across all platforms.
- Writes and orders stories.
- Approves scripts.
- Balances feature content to create compelling broadcasts.
- Edits video.
- Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platform
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Minimum two years’ experience in news operations. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outgoing personality with good people skills.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Ozarks Live! producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Ozarks Live! producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply online at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/3596
Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.