Description: Manages traffic department; responsible for processing all spot orders, copy instructions, resolving discrepancies, and programming input. Will manage an error-free traffic department. Succeeds in having a direct impact upon the stations` revenues as well as upon customer perceptions of how a well-run station should operate.
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- 50% Successfully assist the Director of Traffic with managing the department so that "Standards of Performance" requirements are achieved by all support personnel.
- 25% Supervise proper processing of all orders, commercial materials, and programming input; oversee production of logs, copy and formatting.
- 10% Coordinate flow of communication between sales, accounting, programming and engineering departments with sales service.
- 15% Assist in cross-training of all traffic personnel.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- High school graduate or equivalent. College graduate preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in TV traffic department.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of WideOrbit Traffic system or similar; function of traffic/operations department.
- Ability to supervise and train; ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines; strong organizational skills; excellent communication skills.
% Travel Required (Approximate): None