The Account Executive works within established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and eMedia business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Fluency in English.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
Minimum five years experience in news reporting or anchoring.
Superior on-air presence.
Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
Valid drivers license with a good driving record.
Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Weekend Anchor/Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply online at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/3308
Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer